Sunday, July 18, 2010

Friday Feature (a little late) - Oliver+S Patterns

One thing I hear frequently from customer is that they wish they could sew or sew better.  I feel the same way!  I don't get the time to hone my skills as much as I wish I could.  One thing that has made me more confident in my sewing abilities are the line of patterns from Oliver+S. 
Founded by Liesl Gibson, former designer at Tommy Hilfiger and trained at New York’s Fashion Institute of Technology, these children's clothing patterns have a classic feel to them.  The patterns are rated from "One Scissors" (Easy/Beginner) to "Four Scissors" (Advanced).  Each pattern is like a little sewing lesson in an envelope.  The instructions are clear and well written.  The illustrations make it easy to understand and create your project.
 


To get you started and build your confidence, Oliver + S has created several simple, free patterns: the Lazy Days Skirt, the Popover Sundress, and the new Ruffled Halter.  These  to teach beginning sewing classes for young mothers who may be intimidated by garment sewing.  Once you have some confidence with these patterns, check out the recommendations from the Learn to Sew with Oliver + S syllabus which will help you build your skills. 

To get you motivated to try the free Lazy Days pattern, purchase a half yard or more of any fabric from the shop and mention "Lazy Days" in the Comments to Seller and I will send you a free yard of coordinating solid color Grosgrain Ribbon.

Do you have a story about using Oliver + S patterns? Please share it on my Facebook page.  I am always eager to hear about your successes.

1 comment:

  1. These patterns are so sweet! I can't wait to try some :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments